Friday, November 7, 2008

good news

Remember those days where you heard the stories of your friends who were once some sort of the "hopeless rude no future" kids in school, turned back from their wrongful ways, touched by God, then suddenly have an amazing life in Him ?

Well, I heard lots of that wonderful testimonies when I entered NUS and got born again. There were lots and lots of my "unbelievably-oh-my-they- can-repent-too" true stories. I supposed I'm one of them : HAHA !!

Sadly, not all of them who have turned new leaf, stay the same fresh leafs and re-juvenating. Some decayed along the process, some withered, some gone with the wind. Following that I had a period where I didn't receive that much of this living testimony.

Then came that day, where my cousin who is now at USA, MSN-ed me, asking me how am I doin. I was quite surprised that she MSN-ed me. Well, she's not exactly near my age if not to say she's born in 1988 ? I might be able to get along with TLG members who are that age..but when u know ur cousin..it feels like they are forever "our-super-much-younger-don-think-we-can-ever-get-along" cousin.

Anyway, I've asked her : I heard she had an American boyfriend. So was it still on ? Then she told me it's over. When I ask the reason, she said: He's not the one God prepared for me, and I know someone far better is waiting.

I was again... quite taken aback. Juz like any other Christian who will be careful to ask the sensitive question about faith and beliefs, I asked her.."Oh..you are talking like a true Christian. Are you a believer now ? I heard your University is a good Christian school. That's why ur mom chose it. She feel saved there, though she's not a Christian herself" And then..she told me everything. She has come to know Jesus personaly in USA, she's now a born again Christian, and she's serving God fervently at a Local Church at Pensacola. Now that's what I called TERRIFIC UNEXPECTED GOOD NEWS !!

U see, this cousin of mine, is a die hard boyband loverz. All she can think of was only MTV, backstreet boyz, westlife, blue and gazilion other boybands. Her pin up, poster, magazines, CD, VCD, DVD, albums are everywhere in her room. All she ever worshipped was, internet, technology, grammy, Oscar, westerner kind of life. She so disregarded Asian. Her english proficiency is amazing. Her pronunciation, you can feel as if you are talking with someone who has been living in Britain for the rest of her life. And for most of the time, she only think about boyz, how to be cool and hip in American European style, the music concert of this band, and u name it. At least that's what I always thought bout her which were confirmed by her parents.

So to hear her telling me she's now a believer ? No...it's hard if not impossible to imagine. But so, okie. I take that as a piece of amazing good news, yet somehow some part of me still wanted to test the authenticity of her testimony to me.

Well I need not to wait that long. Today my aunty called me and tell me that she's quite worry to hear that my cousin is considering to instead of completing her current degree in English Literature, she wanted to switch to take complete a degree in School for Misionaries instead, that when she graduate she can be Misionary for God. And WOW again !! This time...I'm shocked.

To give me more on the details, my aunty read for me her email to her. And my cousin email's is really, really, amazing. She's trying to explain her turning point, her meeting with Jesus, her desire, her passion, her love for God, which motivated her to serve Him, to want to surrender all her life for Him, following Him till the rest of her life. This type of love is something that can't be comprehend by my Aunt, and she knew that well. That's why she's trying so hard to explain,how she long for her mother to meet God and that she will be able to understand her too. Hearing her email content, I feel as if hearing an excerpt of my conversation to my Mom few years back. I have said exactly the same thing she wrote.

I am one hundred and ten percent convinced, she's a born again Christian : PRAISE GOD !!!!
I can't wait to meet her and ask her about her ministry in USA, how was it doing, and what God has been doing in her life....


The same question goes to you now: what God has been doing in your life ?

To some people :
It's easy to seek Him in times of trouble.
And forget about Him when things are good.

To some other: it's the other way around.
They worship His blessings.
And left Him when times are bad.

For the rest: well in the end times, love grows cold.

Thus say the bible: in all things, Give Thanks !!
For I am more than just sure to say that God must have done something, and that something is nothing less than Awesomely Great: in your life..and mine..

Wads ur story ? I wanna hear...

bombie {=^o^=}

No comments: